One of the pioneering job portal with quality and legitimate job vacancies for career changers and recruiters.
Project Manager (1 vacant position)
Ensure that ZSL effectively and efficiently delivers the outcomes and outputs it commits to achieve under the “Supporting coastal protection through biodiversity conservation in coastal ecosystems affected by typhoons in the Philippines (ProCoast)” project. The post-holder will lead operational planning and implementation to realise that the selected coastal areas, which are highly vulnerable to typhoons and exhibit high biodiversity, and their inhabitants, are better protected against the impact of climate change. The post-holder should have an in-depth knowledge on project management life cycle, specifically in coastal and marine ecosystem, and working experience on donor-funded projects and grants. It is desired that the post-holder has experience in marine species conservation-related project, local government units and community engagement, national and local policy advocacy, and climate change mitigation and adaptation. Likewise, the post-holder will serve as the Unit head of Species, Policy and Special Projects Unit.
The position will be based in ZSL-Philippines Country Office in Iloilo City, Philippines. Candidate should have:
- A master’s degree holder in biology (conservation biology/marine biology), botany, zoology, ecology, environmental science, environmental management and development, , fisheries, marine science/oceanography, geography, climate change, natural resource management, veterinary science, or other similar fields ;
- With 3-5 year experience in project management in conservation, environmental management or development work;
- Extensive experience in planning, implementation. monitoring, evaluation and reporting, preferably on conservation projects;
- Prior experience in staff management and development;
- Knowledge on multi-stakeholder collaboration in conservation planning desired.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience
Application deadlines and interviews: closing date for application 29 March 2019, interviews start on 01 April 2019.
Application details: Please submit a CV and cover letter by way of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoological Society of London Philippines
Country Office, 45-0 Burgos St., La Paz, 5000 Iloilo City
Tel/Fax +63 33 3300929