One of the Philippines' pioneering recruitment portals with quality and legitimate job vacancies for career seekers and employers.
Technical Specialists, Philippines Safe Water Activity
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified Technical Specialist candidates to provide technical leadership and support to a 5-year, $15 – 19 million USAID-funded water security initiative in the Philippines. The primary purpose of the Safe Water Activity (SWA) is to improve water security of water-stressed communities in the Philippines. The activity will increase access to resilient water supply and sanitation services, improve sustainable management of water resources and improve water sector governance. Activity intervention areas include water supply and sanitation, access to public/private financing, stakeholder coordination and planning, management of critical watersheds, community water management and conservation, and water security knowledge exchange across multiple sectors.
Water Resource Management Specialist: This individual will provide technical and managerial oversight of interventions and manage a local team to improve the capacity of relevant agencies and organizations at the national, regional/watershed, and/or municipal level to manage critical watersheds, forest areas, or water resources, which will lead to increased quality and availability of water resources. The candidate should have experience in conflict management approaches for watersheds, and in designing/implementing integrated watershed approaches that demonstrate how watershed, forest and water source interventions will improve water quality/availability and ensure equitable allocation/distribution for other purposes, engaging downstream communities and incentivize upland communities in the management of natural resources. The candidate should be able to develop/manage interventions to fully contribute to achievement of USAID sub-results:
- Improved stakeholder capacity to manage watersheds, forests and water resources, including identification of appropriate measures to manage future changes in watersheds and/or water resource availability.
- Innovative financing schemes established, improved, and/or instituted to support watershed, forest and water resource management activities and/or alternative and environmentally sustainable livelihoods for upland communities.
- Green infrastructure and other nature-based solutions adopted and implemented to maintain and or increase forest cover, improve water storage capacity and flow regulation; and mitigate flooding impacts
Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist: This individual will provide technical and managerial oversight to increase the capacity of water and sanitation service providers (WSPs) to design, operate, and maintain resilient water supply and
wastewater collection/treatment systems leading to improved water and sanitation services for underserved populations, including resettlements areas for internally displaced people. They will be responsible for the design, construction, and evaluation of water supply and wastewater collection and treatment systems utilizing participatory methods with public/private Philippine counterparts. They will assess urban and peri-urban water systems and will make recommendations for effective expansions, improved management efficiency, reduction in non-revenue water, and cost recovery. The candidate should have experience working with communities, water utilities & service providers, and the private/public sectors to design and implement effective water demand and conservation management solutions and be fully able to develop/manage interventions to achieve USAID sub-results:
- Increased understanding and capacity of WSPs to use climate, weather, water, and/or risk data/information to identify WSS issues and options as well as translate analyze solutions and put them into action.
- Increased ability of WSPs to develop climate-informed water supply and demand scenarios, business plans and/or emergency response plans using appropriate and replicable modeling approaches.
- Resilience integrated in siting and structure of water supply systems and/or sanitation facilities.
- Increased professional skills and capacities to apply tools, approaches, and/or methods for water service provisioning, water source protection, and water efficiency.
Water Governance Specialist: This individual will provide technical guidance and oversight of SWA interventions at the national level under Outcome 3.1. This position will support the Philippine National Government advance institutional and regulatory reforms in the water sector (for both service delivery and economic and finance reform) through the development, passage, and/or adoption of relevant legislation. The candidate should have an excellent understanding of the Philippine water sector governance, policy and regulatory framework at the national, regional, and LGU- levels. The candidate should be able to fully contribute to achievement of USAID sub-results:
- Increased public demand and support for sector reforms that enhance the country’s long-term water security.
- Champions/advocates for water security created and mobilized.
- Increased private sector participation in and support for water and sanitation in a way that is guided by sound regulation as well as better transparency and competition.
- Discussion and implementation of national level reforms and policies informed by international or local best practices for integrating resilience in water security policy and planning.
- Improved capacity of government institutions and/or regulatory agencies to implement reforms and respond to sector needs.
Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist: This individual will work closely with the project’s technical team to facilitate the exchange of knowledge on the challenges of water security/ resilience across national/ local governments, watershed councils, service providers and international institutions. They will provide strategic guidance and leadership to develop and oversee the implementation of the project’s knowledge management and learning strategy and will work with the project team to strengthen the capacity of institutional partners and stakeholders. They will engage stakeholders and communities of practice via knowledge platforms and communications. The candidate should have a demonstrated capacity to initiate, coordinate and facilitate learning and knowledge management activities with technical experts and stakeholders and to contribute to achievement of USAID sub-results:
- Increased exchange and adoption of good practices for integrating resilience into planning, decision-making and policy actions.
- International exchange of experiences among local WSPs as well as regional and watershed level water managers.
- Increased participation of the private sector, academia, and non-government organizations in generating ideas for attaining water security at the local, regional or watershed levels.
- National level policy discussions and reform informed by lessons learned at the local level for integrating resilience in water security policy and planning.
- Replicable and scalable models disseminated for strengthening water resources management or improving water utility efficiency.
Qualifications (in addition to the qualifications listed above):
*Master’s degree in natural resource management, environmental science and/or policy, water and sanitation engineering, hydrology, or related fields;
*Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience and expertise working on local and/or international projects similar in scope and scale as Safe Water;
*Relevant experience working with government agencies and other stakeholders within the Philippine water supply, sanitation, environment and finance sectors;
*Has proven ability to develop new ideas and find solutions for water security challenges as well as have excellent ability to work with counterparts at various levels of government, water utilities, as well as with various partners (e.g. NGOs, communities); and
*A Filipino citizen.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted. Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/2JOaS4d
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.