Posted by:Human Resources for Health in 2030on November 6, 2018 1:20 pm
Palladium is seeking an HRIS Support Specialist to join the USAID-funded Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030) project in Philippines. HRH2030 isaglobal project that aims to: 1) increase performance and productivity of the health workforce, 2) increase the number, composition of skills, and competence of health personnel, 3) strengthen HRH and Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) leadership and governance capacity, and 4) increase the sustainability of investments in health personnel. HRH2030 is managed by Chemonics; partners of the HRH2030 consortium include: Palladium, URC, Thinkwell, AIHA, AMREF, and Open Development.
HRH2030 in Philippines will provide capacity-building to the Department of Health to strengthen the deployment, training, and management of a fit-for-purpose and fit-for-practice health workforce to improve access to and quality of family planning (FP), maternal and child health (MCH), and tuberculosis (TB) services for vulnerable populations. The HRIS Support Specialist will support the HRIS Lead to achieve Objective 3: To improve the use of data for human resource for health decision making at central and regional levels. This objective will seek to advance the capacity and functionality of the HRIS and improve data quality, as well as support planning for the National Health Workforce Account (NHWA) reporting. The HRIS Support Specialist will support the HRIS harmonization, including data sources mapping, standardization and systems harmonization, interoperability, and information systems development. HRH2030 Support Specialist will provide technical support where necessary. The HRIS Support Specialist will be part of the Chemonics-led HRH2030 Philippines team, and on a day-to-day basis report to the HRIS Lead and ultimately to the Project Director.
Location for this position is primarily Manila, Philippines but may involve travels to other regions. Only local candidates with current eligibility to work in the Philippines will be considered.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to
• Provide technical support and logistics support to the HRIS Lead and Project Director
• In conjunction with the HRIS Lead, collaborate with the Department of Health (DOH) and HRH Network in implementing NHWA in the Philippines by identifying data sources, defining data standards and sharing guidelines
• Working with the DOH, support the requirements definition, design, testing, interoperability, data harmonization and implementation of HRIS, with an initial focus on the development of a training information system
• Support the implementation and strengthening of systems to assure HRIS data quality and integrity
• Support the facilitation, documentation and preparation of workshops, trainings and meetings
• Support the generation of HRH reports and data visualizations
• Contribute to annual, quarterly and weekly project reporting as well as ad-hoc requests
• Respond to occasional questions/requests that can be reasonably accommodated alongside other HRH2030 duties
• Other duties as assigned
• Degree in Informatics, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent (relevant experience may be substituted)
• 2-3 years of experience working with relational database systems and providing support in the implementation of information systems solutions.
• 1-2 years of experience working with directly with stakeholders in the development of information systems, including but not limited to gathering requirements for system design and reports
• Experience with heath information systems, and/or human resources information systems highly desirable
• Experience in developing and implementing health information systems, data standardization in the public sector preferred • Experience in conducting workshops and trainings in the public sector preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders having a wide range of professional backgrounds to identify needs, evaluate alternative approaches /solutions and convey findings
• Experience working on a team for a donor-supported project is desired
• Candidate must have excellent written and spoken English
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV). The cover letter must clearly outline how work and educational experience matches each of the responsibilities and qualifications above. Submit application to: HRH2030@thepalladiumgroup.com. The deadline for applications is 9 November 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.