One of the pioneering job portal with quality and legitimate job vacancies for career changers and recruiters.
Child Protection Specialist
The Child Protection Specialist provides family-centered services within a trauma-informed system to assure safety, permanency, and well-being for children who are at risk of or have been subjected to child abuse.
- assessing child safety
- determining appropriate interventions to control for safety threats
- developing treatment plans for parents to build protective capacities and strengthen families
- implementing timely permanency plans for children that ensure placement stability and meet requirements of established laws; and assuring positive outcomes with regards to children’s and families’ well-being; including physical and mental health issues.
- Child Protection Specialist programming in northern townships of Rakhine has to be urgently scaled up to respond to the increased child protection needs and risks for children as a result of the resumption of violence. This includes: provision of psychosocial support through child friendly / safe spaces and community based initiatives, mental health support to children and parents through self-help group and/or behavioral interventions, and prevention and response to violence against children, including those survivors of sexual violence or physical injuries.
The Child Protection Specialist will be based in Maungdaw District, with occasional travels to project sites in Maungdaw, Buthidaung and Rathedaung, and in Sittwe, Rakhine State, Myanmar.
- University degree in social work, psychology, social science or related field.
- At least 5 years of proven professional work experience in designing, delivering training in psycho-social support and/or child protection, preferably for humanitarian actors.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing community-based psychosocial support programme.
- Excellent training and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently under difficult conditions.
- Proven track records of creativity, and taking initiative.
- Other combinations of directly related education and experience maybe considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Child protection work experience and professional certification preferred.
- Previous experience with an NGO working in a field duty station is an asset.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
CFSI values diversity, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes into the Organization those who are committed to human rights, subscribe to the Humanitarian Principles, and meet the requirements of specific posts. Committed to being a learning organization, CFSI invests in the further development of its human resources, including contributions towards higher education. Applicants should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org: Cover letter expressing interest in employment with CFSI addressed to the Screening Committee; updated and complete résumé; names and contact details of three (3) references. The deadline for applications is 28 May 2017. The Screening Committee will contact only shortlisted candidates. For more information, visit www.cfsi.ph.