One of the pioneering job portal with quality and legitimate job vacancies for career changers and recruiters.
Senior Risk Management Officer
Description of Responsibilities:
The Senior Risk Management Officer will conduct risk assessments and related due diligence work for ADB's nonsovereign transactions (loans and guarantees) particularly with financial sector clients, as well as assess the profile of existing transactions. The incumbent will (i) recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures and transaction structuring inputs including pricing, security arrangement, financial covenants, and other
terms and conditions of the transaction; (ii) review and evaluate monitoring reports of existing transactions; (iii) process waiver and amendment requests; (iv) validate the risk ratings, etc. with minimal guidance and oversight by supervisors; and (v) provide support for the formulation of ADB policies, guidelines and practices on risk management and portfolio monitoring.
The position is assigned in the Credit Division 1 (RMCD1) within the Office of Risk Management (ORM). ORM ensures that ADB's goal of poverty alleviation is sustainable by safeguarding ADB's rating, advising Board and Management on risk issues and promoting strong risk cultures. RMCD1 assesses and monitors the risk of all nonsovereign transactions (loans and guarantees) in the following sectors: (i) financial institutions; and (ii) power, water, and waste management.
The incumbent will report to Director, RMCD1 and/or designated International Staff and may supervise Administrative Staff.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, or relevant fields, preferably with MBA, advance training and/or qualification as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in international bank, rating agency, banking regulation or supervision, or multilateral/bilateral development organization, in risk management, deal origination or investment appraisal, a substantial portion of which is exposed to financial institutions; and at least 4 years of supervisory experience
- Good familiarity with risk rating tools, loan pricing instruments, and developments in the area of risk management
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets, power point, financial modeling and macro
- Strong report-writing and communication skills in English
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of
67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy zo3o.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://wwwadb.orgicareers/180805
Deadline for applications is on 11 October 2018.